Yorkshire's amazing new buses to revolutionise travel in Coastliner country!9 December 2016
The wraps are off – and it’s an amazing early Christmas gift for Yorkshire, proudly revealed in the shadow of the county’s best loved landmark, the iconic York Minster.
A £2.34 million investment in all-new low-emission, British built buses will carry a specially-designed livery and a new campaign of ‘Coastliner Country’ to promote the fantastic range of city, country and coastal destinations on the routes between Leeds, York and the ever-popular seaside resorts of Whitby, Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington.
The first of ten trailblazing twin-deck buses bursting with innovative and customer-friendly features was revealed today in York, as Transdev Blazefield looks to repeat the huge success of its 36: Riding Redefined route between Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds which it relaunched to wide acclaim earlier this year. The buses include several Yorkshire ‘firsts’ including wireless phone charging and ‘power zones’ set around tables upstairs, and Transdev’s unique and pioneering ‘countdown to departure’ destination displays and ‘tech benches’ downstairs.
Each bus also carries a new Coastliner livery and specially designed illustrations promoting just some of the amazing destinations in Coastliner Country, including Leeds, York, Malton, Whitby and Scarborough, giving a further boost to Yorkshire’s fast-growing tourism economy.
Alex Hornby, CEO at Transdev Blazefield, said: “These amazing and pioneering new buses are amongst the very best on the roads anywhere in Yorkshire and beyond.
“Their introduction marks a new era for bus travel across Yorkshire, bringing luxury travel to this popular and high-profile service – with unique ‘power zones’ on the top deck providing the opportunity to connect phones and tablets to wireless, USB or mains power or to relax around tables and see the sights of this beautiful county. We even have a glazed roof which is perfect for sky or star gazers!
“Every aspect of the new buses’ design is inspired by valued feedback from our customers. We examined every detail of the journey from the moment a passenger steps on board to the very end of their journey with us – and the features which these new buses bring to life add up to a revolution in comfort, style and convenience for each and every journey with us.
“Today we reveal these top-of-the-range buses for the first time, making transport history right here in the heart of Yorkshire. It’s an exciting start to our new journey here in Coastliner Country and our team at Malton and I are thrilled at welcoming more new customers on board!.”
Just some of the amazing features on board the new Coastliner buses:
- Two unique and all-new Coastliner ‘power zones’ on the upper deck, with seats grouped together around tables, featuring wireless mobile phone charging pads and plug-in charging sockets with integrated USB points – ideal for trips together to the coast, or the cities of York and Leeds
- Leather trimmed, coach seats
- A row of spaced out rear seats and Transdev’s pioneering ‘tech benches’ to allow space to rest tablets, phones and laptops with USB points
- Fast and free 4G Wi-Fi throughout
- USB power points at every seat
- Tinted double glazed windows
- Glazed staircase and full-length upper deck ‘skylight’ roof panels – perfect for sky and star gazing
- On the outside, high visibility destination screens featuring Transdev’s pioneering “time to departure” countdown at major calling points on the route
- On the inside, scrolling interior screens and next stop audible announcements to assist visually impaired customers
- Smart dual colour wood-effect flooring
- LED lighting throughout both decks, including under seats and on the stairs
- Three compact luggage areas on the lower deck – ideal for city or coastal holidays and short breaks
- A state of the art 14-camera CCTV system
- A longer bodyshell offering more space and comfort for passengers – yet 616 kilos lighter than the bus it replaces
- High performance, low emission ‘Euro 6’ engines featuring driver performance monitoring systems to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey, every time
The new buses will be based at the company’s depot in the heart of Coastliner Country in Malton, and will progressively enter service over the coming weeks on its routes between Leeds, Tadcaster, York, Malton, Pickering, Whitby, Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington.
Full details of all Coastliner services and fare deals, including the best-value ‘Gold’ range of season tickets and ‘Daytripper’ one-day passes, are available online at: http://www.yorkbus.co.uk
17 January 2018
On route to a bright future - bus operator Rosso officially joins the Transdev family
Exciting plans for a multi-million-pound investment in new and better buses, great value tickets which go further for less, and up-to-the-minute technology delivering live departure times, instant journey planning and easy-to-use mobile tickets – just some of the headline improvements on the way for customers in the Rossendale, Bury and Rochdale areas as bus company Rosso joins the Transdev family.
15 December 2017
£3 million investment promised for Rossendale bus users as Transdev announces takeover plan for council-owned operator
Bus passengers in Rossendale, Bury and Rochdale could soon benefit from a multi-million-pound investment in new buses after plans were announced today for the local authority-owned bus operator Rosso to join the Transdev Blazefield group of companies.
3 November 2017
Cityzap launches in Leeds
Simply sparkling! That was the reaction last night (Thursday 2 November 2017) when Transdev staged a jaw-dropping VIP launch for its new Cityzap express, which enters service between Leeds and Manchester this Sunday.