Aireline launches with a fleet of brand new buses6 October 2017
A sparkling new fleet of buses from Yorkshire bus manufacturer Optare, packed with fantastic features, many inspired by direct feedback from regular customers, takes to the road from this Sunday (8 October) for The Keighley Bus Company's popular route 60, linking Keighley, Saltaire, Shipley and Leeds every 30 minutes 7 days a week. The route will also be revitalised with a sparkling new identity: Aireline.
From left to right: Neale Wallace, Head of Transport Operations at WYCA; Amjid Ahmed, Deputy Town Mayor; Eric Scaife, the Voice of Aireline; John Grogan MP, Member of Parliament for Keighley; Councillor Michael Westerman, Chairman of the Town Council’s Transport Committee; Phil Walker, of Keighley BID and Graham Mitchell, former town mayor, Keighley councillor and transport activist
Aireline follows the River Aire along much of its journey – and the brilliant new buses have won a thumbs-up ahead of their debut from a VIP group at a preview this week outside Keighley’s Victoria Hall, including the voice of Aireline: Eric Scaife of the Yorkshire Dialect Society who provides the on-board next stop announcements.
In attendance to welcome the new Aireline buses were Keighley MP John Grogan; Amjid Ahmed, Keighley’s deputy Mayor; Graham Mitchell, former mayor and Keighley councillor; Phil Walker, Support Officer at Keighley Business Improvement District (BID); Councillor Michael Westerman, Chairman of the Town Council’s Transport Committee and Neale Wallace, Head of Transport Operations at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (METRO).
The new vehicles for Aireline follow on from last month’s launch of more new buses for The Keighley Bus Company under the Keighley Jets brand, Keighley’s stylish new network of town services – the ideal way to jet around town, to the shops, to work or to school – and all for just £3 a day using a K ZONE day ticket.
Customers using the new Aireline buses will benefit from an amazing range of passenger-friendly features, including:
- Specially created audio announcements on board, delivered in an authentic Yorkshire accent, featuring proud Yorkshireman Eric Scaife of the Yorkshire Dialect Society, who was selected after the bus company launched its own quest to find the perfect Yorkshire voice for its new buses
- Audio announcements are also linked to a visual display on board every vehicle, making it easy for all customers to use and enjoy the new buses
- Fast and free 4G WiFi to stay in touch throughout the journey
- USB power points at every seats to charge mobile devices on the move
- Wireless charging for compatible mobile devices
- Comfortable seating with leather headrests
- More legroom for a comfortable journey every time
- Mini tables at selected seats – perfect for working or relaxing on the journey
- Double glazing for a clear view of Yorkshire’s countryside
- A skylight roof – ideal for sunseekers or stargazers
- A bigger bin to help keep every bus sparkling clean and tidy
- A low-emission engine to the latest standards, producing lower NOx and CO2 than ever
- A bright new livery reflecting Yorkshire pride in a great new service
- An illuminated Aireline logo on the front of the bus – so everyone can see us coming!
The Keighley Bus Company General Manager Colin Booth said: “The new buses we’ve introduced onto our Keighley Jets network means our town services are being run almost entirely with brand new buses.
“We’re now ready to bring first class quality at great value fares to our premier cross county Aireline service, with the introduction of these amazing new Yorkshire-built buses filled with features suggested by those who know best – the people who travel with us every day for work or leisure.
“With traffic congestion growing in our town and city centres and the cost of driving and parking on the increase as well, there really is no better time to join us and relax on these fantastic new buses.
“Our hand-picked team of friendly drivers can’t wait to get behind the wheel and welcome customers old and new onto our all new Aireline. We’re sure these new buses will be a big success.”
More information can be found at: http://www.keighleybus.co.uk.
3 January 2019
Rosso to support students managing their money with its new term ticket
Now the New Year party season is over, stretching that under-pressure bank balance through the next few months is always a challenge for hard-pressed students – but Transdev's Rosso has the answer! The firm behind the popular Red 4 bus service is launching a money-saving student ticket just in time for the start of term, offering unlimited travel on all of its buses within Greater Manchester – including its routes in Ramsbottom.
6 December 2018
Transdev Blazefield to pilot "Swift and Simple" contactless fare capping in ground-breaking trials
Winning bid secures Transport for the North funding to test ‘touch and go’ ticketing technology.
3 December 2018
The Harrogate Bus Company to offer bargain match day travel to Towns CNG Stadium
Harrogate’s leading bus operator, The Harrogate Bus Company, is teaming up with Harrogate Town Football Club to offer cut-price travel to the CNG Stadium for home matches.