Health, Safety and Facilities ManagerTransdev Blazefield Ltd, Harrogate
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
A new position has become available for a Health, Safety & Facilities Manager to join us here at Transdev Blazefield.
The Health, Safety & Facilities Manager will ensure that we comply fully with all of our legal obligations and duties under Health & Safety legislation and associated ACOPs along with providing guidance to ensure the best standard of health and safety for our colleagues and customers.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, you'll be responsible for the following:
- Management and development of compliance policies, strategies, processes and procedures across our business
- Working with managers across Transdev to implement the policies, strategies, processes and procedures
- Leading monthly H&S Committee meetings, building a positive safety culture and increasing H&S awareness and compliance across the business
- Calculating and comparing costs for all required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Strategic planning, project management and day-to-day operations as and when required
Think you fit the bill?
We're looking for an experienced Health & Safety manager who is ready to add Facilities Management into their role, or a Health, Safety & Facilities manager who is looking for a new challenge.
You will be a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety and will be NEBOSH qualified at diploma level with at least 5 years management experience.
You'll have the ability to build strong, collaborative and influential working relationships and have a results-focused approach.
You will be highly organised with the ability to work at pace to the commercial needs of the business, but most of all you will have a positive, can do attitude with a clear passion for Health & Safety.
Not only will you be working for one of the most innovative and forward-thinking bus companies around, you’ll be earning a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
You’ll also be entitled to free travel on any of our buses for you and a partner, plus access to our fantastic range of benefits and company pension scheme.
Whilst you'll have an office at our depot here in beautiful Harrogate, one of the happiest towns to live in the UK, you'll be working across all of our depots in Lancashire, Yorkshire and Greater Manchester.
Top class benefits
Here are just some of the cracking range of benefits you'll receive.
- Retail discounts
- Holidays - enjoy time off with up to 35 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Pension - we'll help secure your future with at least 4% contributions and Life Assurance for peace of mind, with a generous entitlement plan
How to apply
If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career as part of one of the UK's most innovative transport companies, then what are you waiting for?
Email your CV and covering letter, outlining your experience and suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Friday 20 September.
3 September 2019
Transdev teams up with City of York Council to take over new city routes
New Yorkshire-built buses and new jobs have arrived - that’s the good news for York as bus operator Transdev expands its presence in the city from this weekend.